Peace, one day at a time
Please join with me, and millions of others around the world today, in dedicating this 1 day out of 365 to peace. Sound a little overwhelming? Perhaps you can find inspiration in these commitments your neighbors have made?
- Bryony, 13, United Kingdom. I will say sorry to everyone I have ever hurt.
- Allyssia Atkinson, 23, Canada. I will forgive myself for everything.
- Roberto, 20, Brazil. I will not let fear beat love.
- Kelly, 18, United States. I will write a letter to an old friend to show I love them.
- David Deslauriers 30, Canada. I will surprise my wife for being great.
- Omar Hisham Taha, 13, Egypt. I will help a lot of poor people.
- Thomas Lewis, 23, Canada. I will show younger children right from wrong.
- Brittney Gibbons, 21. United States. I will smile at everyone all day.
- Micah Sewell, 23. United States. I will plant a tree for the world to make a fresh start.
- Rupert Sutton, 60, Greece. I will paint a picture today that symbolizes peace.
- John, 17, United States. I will not make fun of somebody because of the way they are.
- Ed, 17, United States. I will say "I love you" to my father because I should.
- Amin, 41, Iran. I will not invade any country for peace.