Fundraising from the inside out
On this blog, I've briefly mentioned the Abundance League before. Last month, I had the pleasure of talking with them in person about the power of fundraising. was kind enough to write down a few summary notes. They included:
- Fundraising is a great opportunity for transformation for both the fundraiser and those who want to realize their dreams by supporting a good cause.
- When you connect to a donor through their passions and help make their dreams come true, there's no need to be shy about asking for money or other help.
- Giving is good for your health. You enlarge your soul and better connect to others by increasing your generosity.
- Giving and getting are connected. Make room for receiving when you give.
- Learning how to give and receive are equally important to creating a culture of generosity. Reward those that give by accepting their gifts fully.
- To be an effective fundraiser, all the rules that apply to building personal relationships apply to donor relations.